Showing 223 results

Archival description
Advanced search options
Print preview View:

98 results with digital objects Show results with digital objects

Annual Commemoration 1896

Photographic except taken from the Tasmanian Mail, 16 January 1897 showing graduating students : Mr W.A. Roberts (LLB), Mr W.J.T. Stops (LLB), Mr Herbert Nicholls (LLB), Mr J.H. Keating (LLB), Miss E.H Wilson, first lady graduate (BA) and Lieutenant -Colonel Cruickshank, Registrar

University of Tasmania

Apslawn House

Photograph of front view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apslawn House

Photograph of side view of Apslawn House. A sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on 640 acres of land granted to John Lyne, MHA for Glamorgan ,1843-1865. Located on the Tasman Highway, Apslawn, 13km south-west of Bicheno.

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley house

Photograph of Apsley House. Originally a single storey sandstone Georgian house built in the 1840's on land granted to John Lyne who was MHA for Glamorgan in the period 1843-1865. Small kodak prints. ?G.M.P photographer thought to be taken c1920's - (See also book ch.3, P1/35 (262)

George Musgrave Parker

Apsley Log Cabin

Photograph of Apsley original log cabin dating from 1826 on the property granted to William Lyne by Governor Arthur on order from Lord Apsley, eldest son of Lord Bathurst. Copy made by J.W. Beattie of an original of J. Lyne

George Musgrave Parker

Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage

Photograph of Bluff Cottage, formerly known as Harbottle's Cottage and Caulfield Cottage. This single storey, sandstone rubble building with a corrugated iron hipped roof was listed by the National Trust in 1976 as it demonstrated the principal characteristics of a single storey, sandstone Victorian Georgian domestic building . Located at 45 Shaw Street, Swansea, Tasmania

George Musgrave Parker

Bookshop photographs

Book shop photographs. Library, probably Angus & Robertson, Sydney c. 1909 including Miss Frances Ruby Evans (later Mrs. W. E. Fuller) Collins Street, Arcade, W. E. and Mrs. Fuller and Miss C. Parker standing in front of opening in brickwork, 1930 (also cutting of Illustrated Tasmanian Mail, 3 December 1930). Snapshots of books being loaded on truck outside house and unloading outside
"Goodwill Store", Elizabeth Street (Fullers was in basement under "Goodwill") with negatives. c. 1932 - 1935 Tasmanian Book Club display, J. Walch &Sons. N.D. W. E. Fuller in Bookshelf Gallery.- Views in bookshop c. 1940 - 50. Booksellers' Conference
N.D. (c. 1930):­ Photo C. J. Frazer, Melbourne Photo (framed N.D. (?1930-40) Also snapshots of Booksellers' Conference,Hobart, (with negatives.)

William Edwin Fuller


Two caricatures of W. E. Fuller drawn by by Kingsley Fairweather (crayon and poster colour) . One framed

William Edwin Fuller

Crane Family

Photographs of the Crane Family - individual photographs of George Crane, Ernest Crane, and M.M. Hayns (nee Crane)

Lawrence John Hayns

Family photographs

Family photographs including portraits and snapshots of W. E. Fuller and family including: Early photographs of W. E. Fuller as a boy, groups, 2 girls (1 reading, 1 preparing veg.) Margaret and Mary (daughters of W.E.F.) as babies and toddlers, family groups (including family group Xmas 1918 including grandparents). Snapshots of army days (1916-18), enlarged photo of army ordnance office at work. Formal portraits, various dates, Mr. and Mrs. W. E. Fuller broadcasting for A.B.C. c. 1932.

William Edwin Fuller

Group of Navy men

Photograph of a group of Navy men on the C.L.S.S. Lady Loch.
Lighthouse Tender, "Lady Loch", ex Gunboat. Built in 1886 by Campbell, Sloss & McCann in Footscray, Melbourne for the Victorian Dept. of Public Works. Iron Steamship of 531 tons. Built for use as a lighthouse tender and serviced lighthouses around the south east coast and Tasmania. Owned by Victorian Ports and Harbours Dept. Register closed in September 1935 when the vessel was converted to a hulk at Brisbane. Official Number: 88946 Length: 182' from: -

Lawrence John Hayns

Hayns of Burton-on-Trent

Photograph of Hayns of Burton-on-Trent. The father of Michael and Brian Haynes. Brought up by the sisters of L.J. Hayns

Lawrence John Hayns

H.E.C. Photograph album

Commemorative album of photographs of dams and power stations presented to J.H. O'Neil on his retirement from the Hydro-Electric Commission.

John Henry O'Neil

Iron Pot Light House

Photograph of Iron Pot Lighthouse, located on an craggy island in the Derwent Estuary about 17.5 kilometres east of Hobart, Tasmania at the mouth of the Derwent River.

Lawrence John Hayns

Lighthouse photographs

a) L.J. Hayns as a lighthouse keeper
b) Light house and land around the Lighthouse
c) Children and wife of L.J. Hayns

Lawrence John Hayns

Miscellaneous items

Collection consists of two files of postcards, cuttings, photographs and brochures

William Edwin Fuller

My camp

Black and white photograph of Olive Pinks camp at Thompsons Rock Hole

Olive Pink

Newnham Hall Community School

Newnham Hall Community School 12 August 1948. Photograph album of the first weeks of the Newnham Hall Community School, founded 3 February 1948, presented to Robert Cosgrove, Premier and Minister of Education.

Robert Cosgrove

Old man

Photograph of well dressed old man, name unknown

Lawrence John Hayns

Results 1 to 100 of 223